Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Delay of Game

I've been out in some fairly intense meetings over the past few days so please excuse the absence of posts. I did run across something as I wrapped up today that I thought I'd pass along. A customer and designer of American Airlines submitted a better design to the airline for the website user experience. What followed was a surprising response from someone internally at AA and the politics and decision-making (or not making) realities from inside the organization were revealed. A website labeled the response has been documenting this decision experience in living color so I thought I'd pass it along. I think many times in our design lives we've all seen a brand we either admire or are a consumer of and thought it could be better and may have doodled or even sent the company some ideas. In today's conversation age its great to see a two-sided conversation even if it doesn't lead to better design it reveals the reasons why things can't be improved under current setups.... Check it out

No comments: